How Pictures of Feline Acne Can Help Cat Owner
Pictures of feline acne are an ideal way to have an increased awareness about feline acne. On the other hand, before we discuss about the significance of awareness, it is imperative to understand what feline acne is all about. Feline or cat acne is very common problem encountered by many feline of any age and sex or breed. It is commonly found in their lips and chin. Typically, the symptoms are mild and cannot be noticed at once.
Cats also have sebaceous glands, like a human being, which secrete oil known as sebum. Sebum helps the system to prevent irritation and dryness. The feline’s sebaceous glands are commonly found in chin, eyelids, dorsal, prepuce, scrotum and lips. It is also associated to the cat’s hair follicles. This gland plays an essential role in territorial marking. Once acne has appeared, it can cause greasy patches, swollen and irritated, which may lead to have pustules.
Pictures of Feline Acne Causes
As you can see on some pictures of feline acne causes, it will give you a complete understanding on how this condition can affect the life of your kitty. The cause of feline acne is still not clear, but there are several causes of this condition that can be considered as the contributory factor.
- Stress is one of the factors that cause of feline acne. When a cat is stressed, the sebaceous glands can produce more sebum, and which can trigger acne.
- The food bowl is also one of the contributory factors of feline’s acne. This is the main reason why the use of plastic bowl is not supported. You need to use materials that are not prone for the bacteria to grow. These bacteria can be trapped at the cat’s chin and mouth.
- Poor hygiene is also a common cause of feline acne.
- When the cat’s sebaceous glands are over active
- The hormone is also an essential reason for this to happen.
- Pictures of Feline Acne Symptoms
- Understanding the pictures feline acne symptoms is also ideal for you to have an increased awareness.
- The chin of the feline especially the lips will have comedones or black spots surrounds it that may look like dirt.
- Additionally, the infection may lead to bleeding, pustules, redness and irritation.
- In severe case of feline acne, it can cause to extreme inflammation and itching.
Diagnosing the Feline Acne
In order to diagnose the feline acne, the vet will execute physical examination to your cat. The diagnosis can surely help you determine if your cat is suffering from feline acne. Remember that there are some other conditions that are similar to the symptom like feline can such as eosinophilic granuloma, Malassezia, food hypersensitivity, contact dermatitis and bacterial pyoderma. The vet may also perform bacterial culture, fungal and skin scrapings. After diagnosing the condition, it is essential to follow the treatment methods suggested by the veterinarian. Pictures of feline acne can surely help you increase awareness about this condition.